Where it comes to treatment options for substance abuse, inpatient and outpatient options are available. While both can lead to success and lifelong sobriety, they each take a very different approach to treatment. Here’s how to know if inpatient rehab is the best treatment choice for you.
What Is Inpatient Rehab?
Inpatient substance abuse treatment takes place in a residential facility where individuals live full-time. This allows a more structured focus on recovery. While in the residential facility, patients receive 24-hour comprehensive care that begins with medically assisted detox.
What Life Is Like
Because patients remain at the residential facility, they are continuously immersed in a positive environment that is focused on recovery. They live with others who are on the path to sobriety, and they eat nutritious meals. They also partake in classes, therapy sessions, and other beneficial daily activities.
Because of the structure and around-the-clock focus on recovery that inpatient treatment offers, it tends to have a higher success rate than its outpatient counterpart. However, the choice to enter inpatient rehab depends on three important considerations:
- How long you have had your addiction
- The level of addiction you’re experiencing
- Your personal needs
In addition to the above, there are more specific ways to tell whether inpatient treatment is right for you.
Questions to Ask Yourself
Those who enter inpatient facilities do so because they decided they needed a higher level of care. This may be the case for you if you answer yes to any of the following seven questions:
- Do you think that being at home with those you know will trigger you to relapse or interfere with your goals for sobriety?
- Are there individuals in your life who may try to get you to start using again?
- Are there daily stressors in your regular life that you feel will prevent you from getting the most benefit from treatment?
- Does the thought of being in a residential treatment setting make you feel safer, more secure, and more confident about recovery?
- Are you physically addicted to your substance of choice?
- Have you tried to stop using in the past but been unsuccessful?
- Have you entered rehab in the past but been unsuccessful?
Choosing the Right Inpatient Facility
Some methods of treatment apply the same approach for everyone. However, you may require a more individual approach in terms of both detoxification and treatment. As well, addiction is a disease that not only affects the body; it also affects the mind and the soul. Therefore, an inpatient facility that is able to treat all of these aspects of addiction can give you the most benefit in terms of overcoming your addiction.
Helping You Move Forward
Adelante Recovery Center offers individual, holistic drug and alcohol detox and inpatient residential rehab in a peaceful environment. All aspects of detox and rehabilitation are overseen by our staff of experts. Discover more about our inpatient programs in Corona Del Mar by calling 949-427-9099 today.